WordPress plugins have the biggest influence in WordPress websites. Plugins can change the WordPress website’s functionality.In each WordPress website, site owners have used more than 20 WordPress plugins from social networking to email marketing to security etc. These plugins are very important to every WordPress website. So due to huge influence of plugins in WordPress website, here i’m going to explain you all the details about plugins and it’s role in WordPress website.
What is Plugin in WordPress and How does it work
WordPress plugins are the piece of software which are coded in PHP programming language. WordPress plugins add the new features to any WordPress website. So to extend the functionality of WordPress website, plugins are there to do so.
In WordPress community, if you want some features on your website, most of the WordPress experts suggest you to find the plugin. Everyone who are involved in WordPress believe that there may be plugin which can solve any kind of WordPress related problem. So “There is plugin for that problem” has been widely used saying in WordPress community.
For example: If you want to add social network sharing button such as Facebook sharing button, Tweet button, LinkedIn sharing button etc. on each post or page on your WordPress website, there are a lot of plugins to that do the job of adding share button. Similarly, if you want to manage image gallery in your WordPress websites, there are lot of photo gallery plugins to do so. Actually plugins have been in everyone’s mind because people
How to Install WordPress Plugins?
You can easily install plugins from your website’s admin area. You can install plugins from WordPress plugin directory easily.
To install plugins:
- Go to Plugins–>Add New in WordPress website admin dashboard, then you can install WordPress plugins either from WordPress directory or upload from your computer.
You can also download or purchase plugins and install manually using an FTP client or from website admin dashboard.
Free vs Premium Plugins
There are 45+ thousand free WordPress plugins in WordPress plugin directory and have been downloaded 1+ billions of times. These No. of plugins and downloads indicate how important the plugins are in WordPress website. But you can find many premium plugins in different marketplace websites.
Why Free Plugins?
- It is free of cost.
- Some free plugins have premium quality which costs no money. Example, Yoast SEO plugin.
- Like premium plugins, some of the essential free plugins are frequently updated to work in latest version of WordPress.
Why premium plugins?
- Premium WordPress plugins have the all the essential features which can’t be found on free version of plugins.
- Premium plugins providers offers dedicated support team whereas free plugins provider don’t offer dedicated support team.
- Premium plugins provider regularly updates plugins to work with latest version of WordPress.
Sometime some free plugins are bad for website. Because free plugins may not have followed standard coding rule which may slow down website. So it’s time to identify those bad plugins and remove from your website to work website faster.
Latest posts by Kamal Tamang (see all)
- What is Theme in WordPress and How does It Work? - April 15, 2017
- How to Easily Bulk Delete All WordPress Comments? Here’s Step by Step Guide - April 15, 2017
- How to Create a Visual Sitemap in WordPress - April 15, 2017