Watermark WP Image Protect Plugin watermarks images of WordPress website without affecting the original images. That means, although the images are viewed with a watermark in the web browser, the real images at WordPress admin does not contain the watermark. In this post, I will show steps to Watermark Images with Watermark WP Image Protect WordPress Plugin.
Features of Watermark WP Image Protect Plugin:
- Basic version of this plugin only supports text watermark unlike the premium one.
- Primary feature of this plugin is that the images at web server remain without watermarks. Watermarks are only visible to the website visitors on-the-fly.
- Image Statistics like individual image excluded for watermarking can be seen through Media Library page (Media > Library).
- One can set various setting options like font, text color, text size and background color of the watermark through the settings page.
- If not required, all the watermarks can be removed from WordPress in seconds.
- It has 1,000+ active installs on WordPress repository till date with version update of 2.7.1.
Watermark Images with Watermark WP Image Protect WordPress Plugin
Step 1. Plugin Installation
Installing the plugin is simple. Go to Plugins > Add New. Then search for the keyword “watermark wp image protect” and click on the “Install Now” button.
Then click on “Activate Plugin” to activate it.
Step 2: Plugin Settings
After activating the plugin, its configuration settings page can be accessed through Settings > WP Image Protect Settings on WordPress Dashboard. This settings page configures and controls the watermarking of image and other related settings.
On the Settings > WP Image Protect Settings page, there are three different types of settings.
Visible Watermark Settings
This section defines appearance of the watermark on the images. To update the setting options, one should choose “Text” and enable this section through dropdown menu.
- Watermark only Size defines the minimum width or height of the watermark.
- Watermark Text allows users to define the text to be used on the images.
- Text Font can be chosen from a list of available font dropdown.
- Text Size defines the font size for the watermark text.
- Text Color lets user choose color of the fonts from available color dropdown.
- Text Margin can be set in pixels.
- Background Color lets user choose color of the background text box from available color dropdown.
- A lot of Watermark Position options can be chosen from available dropdown.
- Watermark Scaling can be turned on or off. If it is on, the watermark size is scaled in proportionate to the image size.
This section gives an idea of how watermark appears on the images.
Under this heading, following settings options possible:
- Render Images lets user to choose for watermark images as jpg or png. If speed matters, jpg should be the right option.
- Rewrite Rules allows writing new htaccess rules for the plugin.
- Debug Option can be enabled or disabled.
Basic / Lite Version Limitations
Lite version of Watermark WP Image Protect has some limitations.
- Only text watermarks possible, no image watermark.
- Variety of fonts cannot be chosen.
- Watermark opacity cannot be altered.
To compensate these setting limitations, a premium version of Watermark WP Image Protect was available with extra features like supercharged performance, hotlink prevention, variable text watermark and premium support. But nowadays, the premium pack seems discontinued so far.
Dhiraj Bikram Khadka
Latest posts by Dhiraj Bikram Khadka (see all)
- Check Broken Links with Broken Links Checker Plugin in WordPress - June 22, 2016
- Generate XML Sitemaps using Better WordPress Google XML Sitemaps Plugin - June 16, 2016
- Enable XML sitemaps in All in One SEO Pack Plugin - June 5, 2016