If you have experience in running any website, then you must have realized the importance of good hosting. A good host provides you speed and security whereas low quality hosting providers can give you lots of headache and problems. During start-up you can use shared hosting but with the growth of traffic you have to consider upgrading to some quality hosting. Specially, for WordPress there is a specialized hosting service called Managed WordPress Hosting which is offered by most of the hosting companies. In this article we will be discussing about the Managed WordPress Hosting and give you the top 5 Managed WordPress Hosting providers.
Introduction of Managed WordPress Hosting
Obviously WordPress is the most popular CMS website development platform. Mainly for WordPress websites there is a special hosting called Managed WordPress Hosting. Managed WordPress Hosting allows running of all the features of WordPress flawlessly. In Managed WordPress Hosting the host looks after all the technical aspect like speed, security, updates, backup and so on. So you can completely focus on your work online without worrying about the nerdy technical stuff. The best thing about Managed WordPress Hosting is their excellent support system.
Advantages of using Managed WordPress Hosting
There are tons of advantages of using Managed WordPress Hosting. Here is the list of few of them.
- Super fast loading speed
- Tight security that stops all kinds of malware, spam and hacking attempts.
- Premium support provided by WordPress experts.
- Regular backups.
- Automatic updates
- Lots of useful features for developers
- Build-in caching and CDN
Disadvantages of using Managed WordPress Hosting
Everything has a downside no matter how good they are. Here is a list of few cons you can get by using Managed WordPress Hosting
- Very high price as compared to shared hosting.
- Limited to using WordPress based sites.
- Some good plugin might have been banned in Managed WordPress Hosting.
- Less control over your own website since someone else is looking after the technical aspect.
What kinds of website really need Managed WordPress Hosting?
- Websites that are growing rapidly in terms of content and users
- For websites that experience very larger number of traffic
- Websites that are looking to enhance user experience
- Websites that has already gained some reputation cannot afford to be offline or be hacked.
- For website owners do not have much technical knowledge
- Websites owners that want fast and excellent support system from their host
Top 5 Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
This is the best and most popular managed hosting Provider available in the market. Many big companies and brands like HTC, FourSquare, SoundCloud, Balsamiquse etc use their services. They provide somewhere between beginners friendly and developers friendly hosting. They have wonderful support system and secure servers that are well protected against hack and malware.
Some other features include:
- CDN service included for free starting from professional plan.
- One of the best Support system
- Custom built EverCache technology so no need for any cache plugin
- Staging area to test your themes and plugin
- Hack-proof and one click restore point
It is expensive in comparison to other managed WordPress hosting companies. Moving to other host from WP Engines can be troublesome. It provides less flexibility for plugin.
SiteGround is the official “WordPress” recommended hosting provider. 24/7 support, speed and security solution to website have given SiteGround popularity and very high rating. It offers one of the cheapest managed hosting plans. SiteGround has a Startup plan for just $3.95/Mo that has all the features of a shared hosting. The GoGeek plan is a nice solution for people wanting to experiment with their website on their own.
- Super low price
- Free PCI compliance (for e-commerce).
- Git integration.
- CDN included within he plan. No extra charge for it.
- WordPress migration for no extra cost
- WP-CLI comes pre-installed
- Auto update, auto install, caching and staging features.
For using MaxCDN, you have to use third party plugin. The startup plan despite of being cheap does not have enough features for Managed hosting.
Flywheel is comparatively newer hosting company. However in short time they have gained high popularity. Flywheel has the highest rating among all other managed WordPress hosting platforms. Specially, for non-developers Flywheel can be a great option due to their easy to use services. Flywheel provides support for building, launching and managing WordPress websites in an easier way.
Some wonderful features include:
- Beginner-friendly with easy to use services
- One-click staging to easily test changes and new designs.
- Build-in caching for making WordPress blazing fast
- Malware monitoring and auto backups
- Global availability for hosting your sites in desired location
Extra charges for additional features. For instance, to include SSL, CDN, and multisite ability in your WordPress, you will have to pay additional $30 per month on top of your current plan.
Pagely is the first and largest managed WordPress hosting platform. The company focuses on two things high class security and fast loading websites. They have world class support system hosted by experts. Pagely gains the trust of even some big brands like Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter, Vonage, and others.
- Powered by Amazon Web Services giving your WordPress site the unbeatable performance, redundancy, and scalability
- Fully Managed WordPress which includes updates to core and plugins, proactive security and optimal speed and performance.
- Built in Redundancy for backup and replacement
- Developer Friendly Tools which includes SSH, GIT, Staging and WP-CLI
- SSL Acceleration with faster loads times over https://
No phone support at all. It is very expensive since the cheapest plan is $99/mo
It is powered by Google Cloud platform and uses all the best technologies like Nginx, HHVM, PHP5-FPM, Redis and Memcache. The main feature that the company focuses on is allowing Unlimited Visitors and Unlimited Page views. The hosting plans are built perfectly to fit heavy weight WordPress website.
- Google Cloud powered infrastructure, WP-CLI automation, SSH access, LXD containers, PHP 7 or HHVM, automatic scaling, Git and more!
- professional monitoring tools, server-level caching, Premium DNS record management
- Top security with malware scanning, hardware firewalls, full daily backups and regular updates.
- Free Site Migrations, Expert Support, Staging Areas and powerful dashboard.
Kinsta falls in one of the pricy managed hosting providers. Basic plan starts with $100 per month
Choosing the best managed WordPress host completely depends in your need. If you have a heavy weight website go for Kinsta or Pagely which handles unlimited traffic. But if you are just starting out and looking for basic managed WordPress hosting then SiteGround and BlueHost can be your choice. If you are a complete non developer who don’t want to face any kind of technical mysteries then go with Flywheel . For developers Pagely can be a good choice since they have some world class infrastructure technology. If you want a bit of everything you can go with the popular choice WPEngine. We hope the article gave you some idea about managed WordPress hosting and helped you in choosing best managed WordPress hosting provider.
Latest posts by Kantiman Bajracharya (see all)
- What are Different WordPress Theme Licensing Terms? - March 21, 2022
- How Can Long Tail Keywords Increase Your Site Traffic - March 17, 2022
- 4 Tips to Optimize Your WordPress for Social Media Share - November 30, 2021