Image is one of the most important part of Web content. Contents without images are considered as incomplete information by major search engine. That’s why, it is necessary to add images to posts and pages in WordPress blog to make those posts full of informative from the eye of search engine. So this article shows you the right way to add images to posts and pages in WordPress.
The Right Way to Add Images to Posts and Pages in WordPress
Using WordPress media uploader, you can easily add images to posts and pages in WordPress. Here’s complete step by step guide on how to add image in posts and pages in WordPress by the help of WordPress media uploader.
- Place cursor: The first step to add images in posts or pages in WordPress website is to place cursor in the text where you want your image to appear in post or page.
- Click Add Media: After placing cursor in a place where image is expected to appear, the next steps to be followed are:
- Click on ‘Add Media: Add Media button is located just below the title field and by clicking on Add Media button, you will be taken to WordPress media upload er interface. Then
- Select Insert Media: You can see insert Media on the left side of WordPress media uploader interface.
- Upload Files: If you want to upload image for post or page, you can upload the image which you want to appear in your post or pages from your computer from this ‘Upload File‘ option.
- Media Library: If you want to add images to posts or pages in WordPress website from the already uploaded images, you will use this Media Library option. So, this option lets you select the image from the already uploaded images from the media library. By clicking on image, you can add that image to posts or pages in WordPress.
After uploading or selecting image that you want in your posts or pages, you can see all information about that image on right side of uploader interface with the name under attachment details.
The Attachment Details displays all the details about that image.
- Title: Title represents the title of that image.
- Caption: The text you enter on caption field will be displayed below the image.
- Alternate Text: The text entered into Alternate text field will tell search engine about that image.
- Description: A description for this particular media.
The Alignment setting allows you to determine where to appear image in content area. The following alignment options will declare where to align image.
- None: With this option, image will be inserted into posts or pages without alignment.
- Right: This option align image to the right margin of post.
- Left: This option align image to align on the left hand margin.
- Center: This option align image to the center.
The Image Link determine the URL or web address of the image. The following image link settings determine
- Attachment Page: Links inserted image to its WordPress media attachment page.
- Media File: This setting option will link directly to original image.
- Custom URL: Allows you to set a custom link URL for inserted image.
- None: This setting option will remove the link completely which results the image “un-clickable”.
- Thumbnail: Setting this option will display a small thumbnail-sized version of image on the page/post.
- Medium: Setting this option will display a medium-sized version of image on the page/post.
- Large: Setting this option will display a large-sized version of your image on the page/post.
- Full Size: Displays a full-sized version of your image on the page/post.
Finally after completing image settings, click Insert into post or Insert into the page button: This insert button add the image to your page or post. Once you insert image in your post and if you need to edit image again, you can edit image by clicking on the Edit Image button in the upper left hand corner.
One of the most important thing to consider while inserting images to posts and pages is to make any images search engine friendly. If you ignore making images search engine friendly, Google and other search engine also ignore your website. That’s why, it is always important to make any uploaded image search engine friendly to get organic visitor from search engine such as Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
How to make the images SEO friendly in WordPress?
You have already known all the details about the image while you upload. And one of the most important field in image is ‘Alt text‘ field. The alt text field is the only way to tell the search engine about your image. In alt text field, you have to enter the targeted keyword so that search engine would get information about that image.In this way, any images can be made search engine friendly.
In this way, you can easily add images to posts and pages in WordPress.
Latest posts by Kamal Tamang (see all)
- What is Theme in WordPress and How does It Work? - April 15, 2017
- How to Easily Bulk Delete All WordPress Comments? Here’s Step by Step Guide - April 15, 2017
- How to Create a Visual Sitemap in WordPress - April 15, 2017