Sexy Author bio is an advance Author Box Plugin which adds sexy, custom Author Box at the end of the posts for both single as well as multiple authors. Admin can control the design, layout, visibility of Author box from the backend as per need. Sexy Author Bio Plugin is developed and supported by Andy Forsberg, whose plugin is rated 5 out of 5. This article shows steps to show Author Box using Sexy Author Bio Plugin in WordPress.
Features of Sexy Author bio Plugin
- Highly customizable features.
- Can be displayed at Posts, Homepage and Posts or none.
- Option to visibility on mobile
- Different icon options
- Responsive and easy to use.
Show Author Box using Sexy Author Bio Plugin in WordPress
Step 1. Installing and Activate the Plugin
To install the plugin, go to “WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New” as shown below. Type “Sexy Author Bio”. Hit the Install Now button and Activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Step 2. Sexy Author Bio Plugin Settings
Once, you’ve activated the plugin, you’ll see Author Bio option in your Dashboard. Click on the Author Bio > Setting tab.
After Clicking on Settings tab, it’ll redirect you to Setting Page. There you can configure Plugin setting according to your preference.
Sexy Author Bio Settings
Functionality Settings allow you how and where the Bio Box should be displayed in Posts or Homepage as per settings configured.
- You can choose whether to display Author Box in posts, both homepage and posts or none in the dropdown list.
- You can either select Author links to display in Posts.
- You have an option whether to index your Author Bio in google. You can either select Follow Link or Unfollow Link.
- There is an option to select whether you want to your Author Links to be opened in same window or new window.
Design setting beautifies the visibility of the author box in posts.
- You can style the Author Name Text and Biography Texts by assigning custom height, font-size, decoration, etc.
- You can customize the border lines and size of the Author Box.
- Different background color and highlight color can be also be controlled by the admin.
Visibility of Author Box in mobile can be configured from back end. Select Hide or Show option for your preference.
You can control which user roles have access to Sexy Author Bio user fields from the User Roles Setting. Select in drop-down which option to select.
You can control the Author Box Social Icons by defining custom size, spacing, hover effects and different shapes of Social Icons. After configuring the Sexy Author Bio Plugin Setting, make sure you click on Save Changes button.
Step 3. Editing User Profiles
Now, you need to edit your Sexy bio profiles to be displayed on Author Box. In your Dashboard menu, go to Users > Your Profile
You’ll see a Sexy Author Bio Settings for this Author in author setting page.
Display Name Setting
You can write your display name to be displayed in Sexy Author Bio Box from Name Setting.
Contact Info Setting
Add your email address, website links and all the social profile links you want to display on Sexy Author Bio Box. You can leave it blank if you don’t want to display on Author Box in posts or pages.
About Yourself Setting
In about yourself section setting, there’s an input field to edit or fill your Biographical Info. Leave it blank if you wish to hide bio field.
Author Signature Info
You can define your custom signature to display in the Author Box in the posts. This includes company you work in, company url, your job post, etc. You can leave it blank if you don’t want to display in the front end.
Step 4. Viewing Sexy Author Bio in the front end
After the plugin has been finally set up and configured, you can either enter the shortcode in your custom templates or pages to be displayed. It will automatically displayed the Author Box in the front end without shortcode too. In your Dashboard menu, go to Author Bio > About You’ll see the shortcode and PHP function code which can be used to display Author bio.
Insert shortcode where you want to display. Now, you will see Sexy Author Bio being displayed at the end of the posts according to the settings you have made for the plugin as shown screenshot below.
In this way, we can show Author Box using Sexy Author Bio Plugin in WordPress.
Latest posts by Rupesh Karna (see all)
- 7 Best Author Box Plugin in WordPress - August 14, 2016
- Add Author Box using Starbox Plugin in WordPress - June 20, 2016
- Setup Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress - June 19, 2016