Author Box with Different Description is slightly rated than other Author Box Plugin available on WordPress. This plugin has a great flexible option to add the different description for the same author in different posts. The plugin also has high customizable features with just a few clicks. Author Box with Different Description Box plugin is developed and supported by one of the WordPress member Sanjeev Mahindra. This article shows steps to setup author box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress.
Features of Author Box with Different Description Plugin
- Compatible with recent WP versions
- Option to disable automatic placement
- Simple and clean
- Different Social Icons
Setup Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress.
Step 1. Install and Activate Plugin
To install the plugin, go to “WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New” as shown below. Type “Author Box With Different Description”. Click the Install Now button and Activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Step 2. Author Box with Different Description Plugin Setting
After installing the plugin on your WordPress site, go to Dashboard and click on the Setting > Author Box. You will see Author Box With Different Description Settings as shown below
Author Box with Different Description setting
Display Setting allows you to where and how to display Author Box in your posts or pages.
- You can control the Author Box to be shown in Pages, Posts or Both.
- You have an option to display Author Box at the Top of the Posts or Bottom of the Posts. By default, the Author Box is displayed at the bottom. Tick the checkbox to display at the Top of the posts
- You can choose if you want to display the Social Links in your posts. Tick the respective checkbox you want to display the social links in your Author Box.
Author Box Customization
In Author Box Customization section, you can either remove or add the Author Box Title. Tick the checkbox if you want to hide the Title from Author Box. Otherwise, add your custom heading for Author Box.
Social Media Profile setting
Social Media Profile setting allows you to control whether to show Images for Social Media Links instead of Texts. Also, you can control the display of Authors Email links on Social Media Profiles on Author Box. Tick the checkbox according to your preferences.
Default Description setting from Custom Field in User Profile
You can choose your Custom Feld Name for Author Description in Author Box in pages or posts. Leave it blank if you don’t want to display Description Heading in Author Box
CSS for Author Box Display Setting
CSS for Author Box Display Setting allows you to control the loading of CSS for Author Box Display. Checking this option will not load Author Box CSS and you can define your own CSS for the Author Box.
Hit Save Changes button after you have configured all the preferred Plugin Setting.
Step 3. Editing User Profiles
After setting up the Author Box with Different Description Plugin, you need to update your Author’s details biography and setting in User Setting.
- You’ll see a section Name section at the top in Your Profile. Fill up the fields on First Name, Last Name, Nickname (required) Also, select how you want to display your Name on Author Box in Display name publicly as drop-down field.
- You’ll see a section Contact info section just below Name Section. Add your email address, website links and all the social profile links you want to display on Author Box with Different Description. You can leave it blank if you don’t want to display on Author Box in posts or pages.
- In About Yourself section, you’ll see Biographical Info and Profile Picture
- Add short detail about yourself in Biographical Info field to be displayed in Author Box with Different Description in posts.
- Profile Picture will be generated automatically if your email address is associated with gravatar. You can add gravatar to your email address from here https://en.gravatar.com/
Hit Update Profile button after you set up your Profile Information.
Step 4. Viewing Author Box with Different Description in the front end
After the plugin has been finally set up and configured, you will see Author Box with Different Description being displayed at the end of the blog posts as shown screenshot below. The visibility of Author box is displayed according to the settings you have configured for the plugin.
In this way, we can add Author Info using Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress.
Latest posts by Rupesh Karna (see all)
- 7 Best Author Box Plugin in WordPress - August 14, 2016
- Add Author Box using Starbox Plugin in WordPress - June 20, 2016
- Setup Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress - June 19, 2016