WP Biographia Plugin is a highly rated and simple plugin that lets you add author info in posts/pages. The plugin is easy to set up and have a clean presentation feature. WP Biographia Plugin is developed by Gary Gale and Travis Smith team, who have developed other famous WordPress Plugins. In this article, I will show you steps to display author box using WP Biographia Plugin in WordPress.
Features of WP Biographia Plugin
- Simple shortcodes
- Free and Easy to use
- Works for multi-author blogs too
- Easy load
- User Friendly
- Custom avatar size
- Flexible and easy to configure
- Highly customizable feature without coding knowledge
Display Author Box using WP Biographia Plugin in WordPress
Step 1: Installing and Activate the Plugin
To install the plugin, go to “WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New” as shown below. Search “WP Biograhia”. Click the Install Now button.
To activate the plugin on your WordPress site, click on Activate Plugin button.
Step 2. WP Biographia Plugin Settings
Once, you’ve activated the plugin, in your Dashboard, go to Setting > WP Biographia to configure the Biographia Plugin as shown below:
WP Biographia Setting
Display Settings allow you to control how and where the Author’s Biography Box is displayed. You can configure the display setting according to your preference and prior.
Admin settings allow you to configure the author box by controlling the visibility of the author bio box under pages or posts of the newly created users or existing users according to their roles.
- New User Settings allow you whether to display the Biography Box under the posts or pages written by Newly Created Users. You can also restrict the display of Biography Box on a per-user basis from the Exclusions tabs.
- User Profile Settings allows you to manage author box to be displayed on existing users according to their roles. If you are an administrator, then you have an authority to control the visibility of Biography box on a per-user basis selecting from the Exclusion tab. You can also control the social links by checking or unchecking the respective profiles.
- Content and Excerpt Settings uses the WordPress default the excerpt or the content filters for displaying Biography Box at the start or end of the posts or the excerpts. The biography box may not work if other plugins or themes also add content to the posts or the excerpts. So, we may want to assign filter priority to display the Biography Box correctly. The lower the priority defined, the earlier the plugin’s filter loads. In contrast, higher priority leads plugin’s filter to load on the later basis.
Make sure you hit the Save Admin Settings button in order to save the changes you just made.
Exclusions Setting allows you to control whether to display the Biography Box by Post Ids, Category Names and by selecting specific User Names.
- Post, Page and Custom Post Type Exclusion Settings allows you to hide Biogrpahy Box by excluding from posts or pages.
- Category Exclusion Settings allows you to hide Biography Box in single pages or custom post types by
- User Hiding Settings allow you to hide Biography Box in pages or posts on a per-user basis. You can select Specific Users to hide the Biography Box on posts/pages written by them
Make sure you hit the Save Exclusion Settings button in order to save the changes you just made.
Style Settings allows you to control the styling of Biography Box. You can choose your custom Box Background Color, Box thickness, and Box Border Color according to your preference. After successfully configuring, hit Save Style Settings.
Content Settings allows you to manage what information to be displayed and hide within the Biography Box.
- It includes displaying User’s Name in Biography Box by Nickname, Display Name, First/Last Name or neither.
- Option to show or hide User’s Profile Image.
- Custom size of User’s Profile Image.
- Selecting preferred Social Links
- Displaying or not showing Show More Post Link
After configuring the setting, click on Save Content Settings button.
After you’ve changed all the available WP Biogrpahia Plugin settings and want to revert WP Biographia back to the Default setting, check on the Reset all WP Biographia settings and options to their default values checkbox and click Save Defaults Settings. This will reset to the plugin’s default settings.
Colophon Tab gives you a brief description of the plugin such as plugin’s codes on Github, WordPress, Codeage websites. It also provides a brief statement of Plugin Configuration Settings and User Configuration Settings. This is just for information purpose, you can ignore if you don’t like reading it.
Step 3: Editing User Profiles
You need to edit your Biographic Section and other fields in order to display desired contents to show on Author Box in posts or pages.
- In your Dashboard menu, go to Users > Your Profile
You’ll see a New Biographic Fields in author setting page.
- Edit Your Name Info
Change or fill up your First Name, Last Name or Nickname on respective fields. Remember, the Author Box will only display your desired fields to be displayed on setting page.
- Edit your Contact Info
In this section, fill up the Social Profile Links respectively that you want to display in Author Box. If you don’t feel like displaying your Social Links in Author Box, simply leave all the fields blank.
- Edit Biography Options
In this section, you need to add your brief Biography Excerpt to display on Author Box. Below the section, you also have an option whether to hide Author Box on Posts or Pages. After all is done, click on Update Profile button.
Step 4: Viewing WP Biogrpahipa in Front End
After the plugin has been finally set up, you will see WP Biogrpahia Author Box being automatically displayed in pages or posts as per the settings you have made for the plugin as shown screenshot below:
If you have followed all the steps precisely, your Author Box will look similar to the screenshot above.
Latest posts by Rupesh Karna (see all)
- 7 Best Author Box Plugin in WordPress - August 14, 2016
- Add Author Box using Starbox Plugin in WordPress - June 20, 2016
- Setup Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress - June 19, 2016