Fancier Author Box is a highly rated plugin that lets author display standard bio description using social links and gravatar images in posts ( below, above or both ). The plugin is very simple and is easy to customize with few clicks. Fancier Author Box plugin is developed and supported by ThematoSoup, one of the prestigious names in WordPress Community. In this article, I will show you steps to display author Bio using Fancier Author Box plugin in WordPress.
Features of Fancier Author Box Plugin
- The only author box plugin you’ll ever need
- Social Profile Links
- Can be displayed either in posts , pages or both
- Customizable tabs with color options
- Highly Rated
Display Author Bio using Fancier Author Box Plugin in WordPress
Step 1: Installing and Activate the Plugin
To install the plugin, go to “WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New” as shown below. Search “Fancier Author Box”. Click the Install Now button and Activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Step 2. Fancier Author Box Plugin Settings
After installing the plugin, go to Dashboard and click on the Setting > Fancier Author Box. You will see fancier author box settings as shown below
Fancier Author Box Settings
Display Settings allow you to select where and how your Author box appears in your pages, posts or Custom Post Types. You have options like Above, Below, Both or No to show in pages or posts. You can also choose a number of latest posts to show in tab.
Color settings allow you to select your own custom colors for Inactive Tabs, Active Tabs, and Contents written inside the tabs. The plugin also allows you to select your custom background color, border color, and colors of each section.
Step 3: Editing User Profiles
This is the final art where you update your User bio and social profile links.
- In your Dashboard menu, go to Users > Your Profile
- You’ll see a section Biographic info field. Add short and simple details about you. Also, add your email address and website link in Contact Info
Note: we have stated in earlier post that you need to associate your email address with gravatar in order to display profile picture. Go here and add your gravatar.
- In User Profile tab, if you scroll down, you’ll see Fancier Author Box User Details fields where you can add your personal social profile links in order to display in the author box. You may check the box if you want to hide your social links from readers.
- Add your social profile links which you want to display. Others you can leave blank as it is. They won’t get displayed in the front end.
Step 4: Viewing Author Box in front end
After the plugin has been finally set up, you will see Fancier Author Box being displayed at the end of the blog posts or pages as shown below. The Author Box at the bottom of the content is automatically displayed by the plugin in every post, pages or custom post types of your website as per the settings you have made for the plugin.
In this way, you can add Author Box with Fancier Author Box in WordPress.
Latest posts by Rupesh Karna (see all)
- 7 Best Author Box Plugin in WordPress - August 14, 2016
- Add Author Box using Starbox Plugin in WordPress - June 20, 2016
- Setup Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress - June 19, 2016