Simple Author Box is one of the highly rated plugins in WordPress which adds some awesome responsive author box with social links in an author box in posts or pages. The plugin has high customizable features with just a few clicks. Simple Author Box plugin is developed and supported by Tiguan, one of the active members of WordPress Community, who has also developed other few useful plugins. In this article, I will show you steps to add author info using Simple Author Box Plugin in WordPress posts or pages.
Features of Simple Author Box Plugin
- Clean interface and display
- Cool Social Profile Links
- Can be displayed either in posts , pages or both
- Simple and Elegant
- numerous design options
Add Author Info using Simple Author Box Plugin in WordPress
Step 1: Installing and Activate the Plugin
To install the plugin, go to “WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New” as shown below. Search “Fancier Author Box”. Click the Install Now button and Activate the plugin on your WordPress website.
Step 2: Simple Author Box Plugin Settings
After installing the plugin, go to Dashboard and click on the Setting > Simple Author Box. You will see Simple Author box settings as shown below
Simple Author Box Settings
General Options Setting gives you various options about how the author box should be displayed on the posts or pages. It also includes other options like the styling of Author Avatar, visibility of Author’s Websites and Social icons, the styling of Social Icons, etc.
Color Options setting allow you to select your own custom colors for Authors name and Author website links. You can also choose your preferred Simple Author Box bordering, Social Icon shape’s color and background color, as well.
Typography Options Setting allow you to control how the texts inside the author box are displayed according to their font size and font-family. You can manually select how you want the fonts and texts to be displayed of Author Bio. You can also choose the size of Social Icon according to your favor.
The Miscellaneous Option allows you enabling or disabling of Font Awesome Stylesheet and Loading inline style to the bottom of the page.
- If your theme or plugin doesn’t use Font Awesome Stylesheet, then you may check YES
- If you are using minify plugins like Better WordPress Minify or W3 Total Cache to optimize CSS, then click on YES This will get a high score on speeding of your WordPress site.
Step 3: Editing User Profiles
After setting up the Simple Author Box Plugin, you need to update your Author’s details biography and setting in User Setting.
- In your Dashboard menu, go to Users > Your Profile
- You’ll see a section Name section at the top in Your Profile. Fill up the fields on First Name, Last Name, Nickname (required) Also, select how you want to display your Name on Author Box in Display name publicly as drop-down field.
- You’ll see a section Contact info section just below Name Section. Add your email address, website links and all the social profile links you want to display on Simple Author Box. You can leave it blank if you don’t want to display on Author Box in posts or pages.
- In About Yourself section, you’ll see Biographical Info and Profile Picture. Add short detail about yourself in Biographical Info field to be displayed in Simple Author Box in pages or posts. Profile Picture will be generated automatically if your email address is associated with gravatar. You can add gravatar to your email address from here https://en.gravatar.com/
Step 4: Viewing Simple Author Box in the front end
After the plugin has been finally set up and configured, you will see Simple Author Box being displayed at the end of the blog posts as shown screenshot below. The visibility of Author box is displayed according to the settings you have made for the plugin
In this way, we can add Author Info using Simple Author Box Plugin in WordPress. It’s not very difficult to configure the plugin. Within few clicks, you can display the Author box in your WordPress blog posts
Latest posts by Rupesh Karna (see all)
- 7 Best Author Box Plugin in WordPress - August 14, 2016
- Add Author Box using Starbox Plugin in WordPress - June 20, 2016
- Setup Author Box with Different Description Plugin in WordPress - June 19, 2016