Social media can be a big source of getting the audience to your blog. With proper sharing of your posts to social media, you can deliver a steady stream of visitors to your blog. In this article, we will show you the 4 ways to Optimize Your WordPress for Social Media Share. This post will give you the tips to properly add social media share in WordPress and make social media share better in WordPress.
4 Tips to Optimize Your WordPress for Social Media Share
- Get Social Share buttons
- Post your contents automatically
- Give some good look at your shared contents
- Add a Follow buttons
Tips to Properly Add Social Media Share in WordPress ( Make Social Media Share Better in WordPress )
1. Get Share buttons
Allowing your visitors to share the contents of your blog is important for driving traffic from social media. Having share buttons is a way to optimize your WordPress for Social Media share. The best and easiest way to get a set of the very good looking buttons is to use a plugin. There are many free plugins that will give you functional buttons for all networks. You can also place those buttons in any place you want on your blog. We have many awesome articles to help you with social media integration.
To properly add social media share in WordPress we have tons of articles. If you already have share buttons on your blog, using a plugin will make social media share better in WordPress.
- Add Social Sharing Button in WordPress with Social Media Feather
- Setup Social Share Boost Plugin in WordPress
- Setup AccessPress Social Share Plugin in WordPress
- Add Social Sharing with Floating Social Media Icon in WordPress
- Setup Sassy Social Share Plugin in WordPress
- Setup AccessPress Social Counter Plugin in WordPress
- Add Social Sharing Buttons with Social Media and Share Icons
- Setup Social Pug Easy Social Share Buttons Plugin
- Setup Digg Digg Alternative Social Sharing Plugin in WordPress
- Add Social Sharing Button in WordPress with Flare Plugin
- Setup Sharify Social Share Buttons Plugin in WordPress
- Setup Social Master Plugin in WordPress
- Add Social Sharing Button in WordPress with Share Buttons Plugin
- Add Social Sharing Button in WordPress with ShareThis Plugin
- Setup Mashshare – Social Share Button Plugin in WordPress
- Add Social Sharing Buttons with Crunchify Social Sharing Plugin
- Add Social Sharing Buttons with AddThis Plugin in WordPress
If you are having hard times selecting the right plugin Check our article, “6 Best Social Sharing Plugin in WordPress”. To learn the more social media marketing secrets check our other article,” Social Media Marketing Secrets that Guarantee Your Success. “
2. Post Your Content Automatically
Sharing your contents on social networks manually can be time-consuming and tiring especially when you’re posting at regular times. So, a handy trick would be to take advantage of some modern plugins that can handle this for you. Here are the top 3 WordPress plugins for auto posting on social media.
This premium plugin falls in the top of the list due to its lots of great features. After a short manual configuration, the plugin will pick your random new and old articles post, and share it across your social media profiles automatically. Revive Old Post also allows you to carefully share certain articles at certain time intervals.
The great thing about NextScript is that it is completely free. NextScript supports almost all social media network. You can share both the new as well as old posts automatically. It also imports the comments you get on the post from social media and publish them in WordPress. If you don’t like auto-publishing then you can also manually choose your stuff to publish and also schedule or delay your posts.
Microblog Poster is another auto-publishing plugin that will allow you to publish new posts on social media as well as re-share the old ones. Another advantage of this plugin is its ability to add many accounts to the same social network. You can also choose the posts by categories and check the process logs. If you are using the WordPress multi-site then this plugin is a perfect fit for you as it supports WordPress multisite once you activate it for each sub-blog.
3. Give Some Good Look at Your Shared Contents:
Another tip to optimize your WordPress for social media share is to give some good look at your shared contents. Normally when your viewers share your content on social media, only the title of the post and a link to it will be displayed. With few clicks, you can make this shared content more appealing to your viewers. Plugins like WPSSO will help you in this process. WPSSO will add an image, meta tags and schema for social sharing thus making it more likely to attract more viewers to your blog. WPSSO has a ton of other features too, enhances your SEO plugin and supports AMP plugin.
4. Add a Follow buttons:
Lastly, don’t forget to add a nice looking follow button to your blog that will help your visitors to add you as a social media friend. Using the follow button your users should be able to follow your social media account directly from your personal website. To add a Twitter follow button here a useful guide. For Facebook like you can use Facebook Social Plugins website. Similarly, you can add other social sites follow button.
We’ve revealed four ways optimize your WordPress for social media share. Now you can effectively cross-promote your blog posts. you may need to tailor your post to fit each platform and audience. We hope this article was useful to you. If you have any questions, just submit them below. Thank you.
Latest posts by Kantiman Bajracharya (see all)
- What are Different WordPress Theme Licensing Terms? - December 21, 2017
- 4 Tips to Optimize Your WordPress for Social Media Share - November 30, 2017
- What is WordPress? Is WordPress Free? Why is WordPress so popular? - November 22, 2017